Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please i am a victim of the cross 8

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
hey guys i seriously need some help, my cross 8 auto transmission karked it. i have no 4th gear, i still have gears 1,2 and 3, but they are slipping big time...and the other funny thing is there is no light coming up...it keeps saying the system is ok...wtf...does anyone think its a small problem or is it what i think it is....F&%$ed up? its either electircal or mechanical...i seriously think it could be bloody both and the whole transmission is worn out....please help

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
Have you checked the trans fluid condition and level yet? It might just need a top up of fluid.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah my parents had a mitsubishi van... cant remember what its called but it was slipping like crazy... asked my dad and it had never had the auto gearbox serviced in 200,000ks.... nearly lost my **** right there lol... anyway got it serviced by a mechanic and the oil was apparently a sludge but now its driving like normal... if youve looked after yours then id be taking it to a mechanic who knows what hes talking about

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
if the fault is MECHANICAL e/g/ worn bands then no light will come up UNTIL it cant AT ALL physically select a gear as picked up by the output speed sensors....
if fluid isnt milky due to blown trans cooler in radiator then time for a rebuild.. sorry man...

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Have you checked the trans fluid condition and level yet? It might just need a top up of fluid.[/QUOTE

i have checked the level quite alot and it reads the same all the time. but i havent checked the trans fluid condition...i am not sure how to check that one...i will ask my bro. thank you heaps

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
i really hope i will have the same problem lol

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
thanks fella for explaining the whole light thing...i really hope it is that....ive booked it in for early next week at the mechanics..so i hope i dont have to do a rebuild...i think that would ultimately piss me off...cheers

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
have a smell of the fluid. if it smells burnt, its a good sign that it time for a rebuild

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
have a smell of the fluid. if it smells burnt, its a good sign that it time for a rebuild

LOL! Fluid smelling burnt simply means its due for new fluid.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
if the fault is MECHANICAL e/g/ worn bands then no light will come up UNTIL it cant AT ALL physically select a gear as picked up by the output speed sensors....
if fluid isnt milky due to blown trans cooler in radiator then time for a rebuild.. sorry man...

LOL, Puts a light on when you're sitting on the side of the road free reving... That's almost as useful as the oil pressure light in a HQ....