Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please!! Need to wire up VX Calais electric passenger seat in Berlina

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Hi guys
First time poster here!
I have just installed a set of VX Calais leather electric seats into my VX Berlina, however I now have a problem. Rear seat, fine. Drivers seat, fine. Passenger seat, fail!! I need to connect the passenger seat to the electrics so I can adjust the seat (and also so I can move the seat backwards to at least bolt it in at the front!! Anyone know how to do this, or even how to move an electric seat backwards?

Any help would be GREAT!!

Thanks
Iain:bang:

deanos70

Reaction score
is this what you are after

Attachments

• Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 800

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
It does, but I am not sure if I have to wire it up myself or if the wiring is going to be there and I just need to attach the plug to the wires and then plug it in? I know holden cheated with a lot of models and had wiring in place just not connected for things like fog lights etc etc.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No, the wiring for the passenger's seat is not included in the Berlina. The simplest way to fix this is to make a new loom for the passengers seat, remove both front seats and run the loom across the floor the same way the existing wiring is run. It's a bit of a bugger going under the carpet, unless you take everything out, but it is possible to run the wires under the carpet, under the console and across to the existing driver's seat wiring.

Then , it's simply a matter of splicing the wires into the existing loom, refitting the seats and you should be ok.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Loom

It does, but I am not sure if I have to wire it up myself or if the wiring is going to be there and I just need to attach the plug to the wires and then plug it in? I know holden cheated with a lot of models and had wiring in place just not connected for things like fog lights etc etc.

Hey mate a good idea would be to go to an auto wrecker and get the plug for the electric seat so you can remove it from the car if necessary.

Check the thickness of the wires you install - they should be the same size or fatter than the ones coming off the seat - the capacitance should not be lower than these. This is so you don't get the wires heating up (instead of the fuse) in case there is a short.