Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please VE 6speed Auto transmission problems

hondaracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 2010 3.6l sidi 6speed auto
It will just rev in Drive, if I manual shift it it drives fine have done over 6 hours driving like that.
So hit a roo & when I changed Radiator the replacement had a split tank & Coolent mixed with transmission fluid. I drove it for a week thinking it was just fluid level problem. Parked it for 10 months. When i check the fluids to get it back on the road found the fluids had mixed.
So I replaced radiator & changed filter & fluid in transmission. Still won't move in drive. It also won't start sometime times gotta shift it through park to drive a few times then it will start.
No Codes come up & I'm about to change Box's but would like it to be an easier solution. Any ideas or advice please?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
You could take it to a transmission place and let them diagnose what issues your transmission has, but it sounds like you need a new one... Also make sure you fix the split tank issue as that's what has caused the transmission to go kaboom...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Wouldn't have a clue, But there's a yellow plastic box on the bottom of the valve body inside the pan on the 6 speeds. It's called the range selector from memory. It has something to do with the different shift modes, Drive, Sport etc. Some bloke on YouTube shows how to open it and clean it. If yours sat for a year with water in it maybe that thing is stuffed?