Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP PLEASE: VT Brake Conversion Issues...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Excellent @markovr ! Do you still make these at all?? In the process of doing this conversion(finally) on the VP and thought the bracket that needed modding was the bracket from the master/ strut tower.(Didn't think it'd be THAT easy,lol)
Yes I still do them

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Yes as long as I dont have to send it to WA.....post is a bit more than 20 to there and I cant get the vs reservoir I use on the cylinder for nothing anymore but if you can use your old one or dont mind paying 10 bucks more ...the rest of the prices are the same....have just welded up 3 brackets/boosters lately because it better to do a couple at the same time as you save on the setup time if you do them together.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Do you deal through PayPal or ??

PJDM1980

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Ill pm you

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Hell- Sorry mate, Im too damn impatient and took it to a fabricator with the pics. Hopefully he does as good a job as yours look... :)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
My setup is sitting here finished .......usually takes 2 days to get it to you if you dont do any good with faber....if you need just the bracket I can do that too.
You need to do something too with whatever bracket you use so engine noise doesnt get inside the car through the pushrod hole.
Also if you try to make a bracket so you dont have to weld hole by making it a little longer you will need to make modify the front tower bracket.
Heres a bracket unpainted on my kitchen bench

bracket2-1.jpg

bracket-1.jpg

Last edited:

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks markovr , I'll definately take you up on it if he can't come through with the goods- Gave him the VP booster, the bracket AND the VX booster and master I bought off of evilbay already- I hope he looks at the pics etc. and being retired, hope he's a gun with the mig/ tig... :)

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
+1 for marks booster bracket and modified booster, cheap upgrade fits well and easy to deal with !

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
OK, So I got the booster back from a semi-retired guy through South Gleneld Brake Services at Marion Trade Centre (Thanks Guys!) and sent him the pics. He decided that was all too much work and turned up a heat/ impact resistant plastic ring spacer off a BA/BF booster, and machined it down to 10mm thick and drill out the VX booster bolt pattern. He then turned the rear of the booster 90' to the front 1/2 (and tested it and the master- put brake fluid soaked chux in to keep) and just simply redriled the holes in the VP bracket to suit the VX booster bolt pattern, replaced the foam insulation and put it back together! When I put it back in the VP, it fit PERFECTLY and the rod length exactly the same as the old VP. Not only that, but the VP bracket that goes on the front of the master lined up to the original bolt studs so no mods were needed whatsoever in the engine bay!
So happy with the work, I recommend ANYone in SA to go see South Glenelg Brake Service- Next to Specialty Tuning out the back shed.... :)

Last edited: