Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please?

GlipVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
What would be the best v8 engine to put in my VK? and what would it cost for it?

1255aae.jpg

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
G'day mate ,the best motor is efi 5.0ltr. You should have no problems as long your vk is efi to. If is a carby motor , you have change the fuel tank and add a return lines to the tank. Your brakes will need to be up graded to handle the V8. Cheers Jason

streetholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Hey mate would have to agree with the 304. The k frame suspension and all that will bolt straight up into the vk, just need to rewire for the say vn 304 computer and what not. Iv seen engine, box and loom go for about a grand, but if its carby youll need a donor car as youd need the tank and senders. Also said youd need, for the mod plate, to update all the brakes to the year of the engine and youll be set. More info on keeping it legal and mod platable can be found on this forum somewhere, i was lookin at it the other day but cant find it now.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
hello again, lol, There's is another way you can get around with the fuel tank, i think thats right...lol.... You could change the injected hat on the 304. Converted to a carby setup, i've heard you can get more power.The motor will go into bay just nicely.

GlipVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Thanks for your helps fellas, how much would i be expecting? ruffly?

streetholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Like i said before iv seen the engine, auto box and look go for 900 - a grand, but then youd need the fuel tank and senders for efi.. If your not sure how to wire it up you could get a electrician to do it or grab yourself one of these:
Untitled Document never used one myself or have heard of anyone useing one, but it was recommend for the V6 conversion (a different item they also sell).

Your most likly wanting to buy a donor V8 which could cost anywhere up to 2 grand. Just have to hunt abit and what not. The mod plate is roughly $400.