Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please

leza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr senator
hi all

have just replaced oxygen sensor on my vr all tho when i went to start it power came to dash then once tried to start heard a strange zap noise now nothing at all no lights nothing at all, replaced fuses i thought would be relevant and still nothing can anyone help me out

vs v8 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ute
would say by the sounds you have blew the main fuse. diconnect battery check fuses

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Something must be wrong to have blown the main fuse to start with....
What have you done? ... Is the sensor the correct type?
Is the battery connected properly?

leza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr senator
Something must be wrong to have blown the main fuse to start with....
What have you done? ... Is the sensor the correct type?
Is the battery connected properly?

yea mate all i done was replace old sensor with new sensor for a vr 5L whilst battery disconnteced once replaced connected battery then tried to start up then the problem happend, have changed the main engine fuse and still nothing

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Check the fusible links, these are in the small rectangle box in front of the fuse box under the bonnet. The VR V6 workshop manual shows that the 02 sensor uses fuse 12 under the steering wheel, the V8 might be similar, but I dont have the VR V8 wiring diagram to check out how the V8 02 sensor wiring is set up, but it still might be worth checking.

Last edited:

leza91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr senator
Check the fusible links, these are in the small rectangle box in front of the fuse box under the bonnet. The VR V6 workshop manual shows that the 02 sensor uses fuse 12 under the steering wheel, the V8 might be similar, but I dont have the VR V8 wiring diagram to check out how the V8 02 sensor wiring is set up, but it still might be worth checking.

sweet as will have a look and get back to you