Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Plz strange noise

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
hey all just fitted up maces 25mm manifold spacer and waited for about 2 hours for the gasket to dry and when i started it up it felt like it was goin to die like not all cylinders were going. switched it off and back on and then seamed fine reved it up to 3000 sound sweet then went to test drive around the block but it died when i put my foot down. turned it back on and was doin the same thing as when i first started it. got back home and noticed when i turned the car off and on(only to acc) around the throttle body it make a strange noise like a gurgling grinding sorta sound that goes 4 a good 2 secs. could this b that not all my injectors r in or could it be that with the kit i got 3 diff size hoses and on the fitting instructions it only told me about 2 of the hoses(pretty sure) so i left the thinest hose off

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
no hose thats connected to your intake manifold should be left sucking air
as it would confuse the computer due to air entering after the sensor
block off the hose and where it went to to and try again
if still wont idle
is likely a vacum leak
so everything you pulled off would need to be checked if its sealing
get a tin of carby cleaner and spray around gaskets if revs change when you spray a spot this is where the leak is
oh and check if you plugged EVERYTHING in around your manifold e.g. unplugged anything you forgot to reconnect

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
hey thanks for the quick post db_nostso, but still a bit confused
http://www.maceengineering.com.au/W...F6/C0A8/D218/0FE0/ECOTEC_MI_INSTALLATION_.pdf
thats the instructions i followed. that hose that connects to the manifold you were talking about is it the 1 that plugs in to the throttle body(hose 2 acording to instructions)? cos its not sucking air i dont think, i just replace the old hose with the new hose and connected it up. also if i dont have carby cleaner is it ok to use something els? eg water...

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
also like to add the car shackes heaps on idle but revs stay normaly around 700rpm

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Has the hose that runs from the throttle body and under the plenum to the connection near the firewall come off ?

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
nah that all connected the only thing tho is with that elbow piece in the instructions it says to use a pinch clamp to clamp it to the throttle body but i neva had 1 on there in the first place. also like to add i got a 69mm throttle body from mace asawell dont no if that has anything to do with it