Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP rear door and parcel shelf advice

ryda921

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
ive spoken to a few car audio people about havin speakers in rear door or disconect them and put some in parcel shelf or have both

every time i ask one they say have both and another one says disconect them and just have parcel shelf ones no point with ones in doors its like listening with your ankles

will 2 extra speakers make it louder?

what do people think? any advice appreciated

Thanks Ben

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Why be worrying so much about rear speakers at all?
Anyway, if you that concerned about it i would say the parcel shelf is a "better" spot for rears. I wouldnt recommend going with a set in the rear doors as well.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Well I think holdenboy is right, why be concerned in the first place, if your up front you won't really notice the sound coming from the rears. If anything by putting speakers in the rear parcel shelf, the sound will bounce off the rear window. Using logics holdenboy is right by saying parcel shelf is a better spot because the angle it will bounce will be directly forward. But in saying that I don't think it will make that much difference if you get a good set of front splits, the front splits will overpower the rears.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey we all start somewhere, that's what these forums are all about. There's plenty of people willing to share their experience on here which gives you the advantage.

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
If you run the doors and parcel shelf together, you'll have to make sure your head unit or amplifier is stable at 2ohms. Otherwise run them separately using an amplifier or two. You could wire them in series to have a total load of 8ohms but that would be pointless.

In my VY the rear door speakers have been disconnected and I'm running 6x9's in the parcel shelf.

Yes the sound will be louder if you have them all running, but why bother. Get yourself good speakers and if needed, a good amp.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Are you planning on using a subwoofer?