Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP rear door and parcel shelf advice

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
You only need your front speakers running off a 2 channel and and the sub running off a monoblock.

Done.

Which sub are you looking at?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yer im gonna run them of an amp but wasnt sure what to do
what i was gonna do was have a 4 chanel amp for the back and a 2 chanel amp for the front to run the splits but i think i not what i am goin to do

just have the parcel shelf thx for all the help

I don't mean to sound blunt, but your seriously wasting your time and money, not only putting so much consideration into rear speakers, but to even think about adding a second set, and amplifying them.

Your new to the scene, so i will try and explain it in a way that's easier for you to understand.Ideally, you want most, if not all, of your sound, to be coming front in front of you. This is how i always try to explain it to people-

Imagine that you and i are standing face to face, and are having a converstaion. Now if you were to turn and face your back to me, while i kept talking, try and imagine how my voice would sound. This is what your doing to your soundstage, when you go and add rear speakers. Just like you wouldn't go to a concert, and stand with your back to the stage would you?

Just because your adding another set of speakers, this does not mean it is going to be any louder at all.

Last edited:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I'd put them in the doors because if I was a rear seat passenger, I wouldn't want the sound behind my head.

Also, the doors make a better enclosure. Better left/right separation. Don't have a subwoofer pounding on them (if a subwoofer is installed).

I'll be putting my new splits in the rear doors.

...Just because your adding another set of speakers, this does not mean it is going to be any louder at all.
Yes, it does.

Try it... Hook 1 speaker up, listen, hook 2nd speaker up, listen, hook 2 more speakers up, listen... It definitely makes it louder.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Yes, it does.

Try it... Hook 1 speaker up, listen, hook 2nd speaker up, listen, hook 2 more speakers up, listen... It definitely makes it louder.[/QUOTE]

haha, well yes if you put it that way, but the point i was trying to make, you could have 10 speakers in your car, it dosen't mean it will be louder than one set in the front....

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Like stone X said, if your running subs, then run your rear speakers in the doors.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
What price are you paying for those subs? are you planning a sealed, or a ported enclosure? Will it be a pre-fab, or will you build it yourself. Finally, what amp will you use, or what amp are you looking at.
They are a dual voice coil 12'', rated at 500wat RMS. I'm looking at them for $248 on Ryda, personally for $500, i think you could do a lot better than those 2 clarion's. But that's just my opinion ...Why the decision on 2 x 12's?
Because you are new to car audio, i highly reccommend you take your time, and do as much research as you can on the products your interested in.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
There are always better subs, how much you want to spend dictates the sub.

What amp are you going to use to power the subs?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Is the goal sound quality or absolute output?