Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good luck. Unscrewing the black radiator cap on these can be difficult if it's been on there a long time but you have no choice if the coolant is that low. Sometimes the dam things snap in half if they're stuck.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Everything was pretty much plug and play so I'm guna say no issues with wrong locations , pure guess but.
When i installed it in mine, had to take the glovebox out, the plastic trim behind it out and run a temperature probe to the grill on the top of the hvac box. Thats the recirc door location. When its in auto mode, it switches to recirc and thats how it knows how hot/cold the air is. If you didnt have to do this its either:
A) you replaced an existing FP9350 facia kit and the probe was already run
B) it was a new install replacing the factory head unit and never installed the probe so wont be working properly.

If you used the fp9350, im guessing your car didnt have factory climate control. Did you do the install yourself?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Good luck. Unscrewing the black radiator cap on these can be difficult if it's been on there a long time but you have no choice if the coolant is that low. Sometimes the dam things snap in half if they're stuck.
The cap design is retarded! Like WTF was wrong with the traditional metal sprung cap? I know, it didn’t need to be replaced every 12 months!

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
The cap design is retarded! Like WTF was wrong with the traditional metal sprung cap? I know, it didn’t need to be replaced every 12 months!
Ive seen photos of the end being melted and the o ring being flat and smeared all over the end. Im guessing the extra heat of the location on the engine causes plastic to become brittle

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Ive seen photos of the end being melted and the o ring being flat and smeared all over the end. Im guessing the extra heat of the location on the engine causes plastic to become brittle
Should last more than 12 months though. I put a new cap on the SSV (yes it was genuine) and went to take it off less than 12 months later when I had to replace the radiator and it wouldn’t come off.

The top screw on part popped off the bottom part and I had to leaver the bottom part out with a screwdriver!

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Should last more than 12 months though. I put a new cap on the SSV (yes it was genuine) and went to take it off less than 12 months later when I had to replace the radiator and it wouldn’t come off.

The top screw on part popped off the bottom part and I had to leaver the bottom part out with a screwdriver!
Well i dont know how old my cap is but it came off no problem. No signs of fatigue or damage. Guess its just a lottery.

MrPorkHunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
When i installed it in mine, had to take the glovebox out, the plastic trim behind it out and run a temperature probe to the grill on the top of the hvac box. Thats the recirc door location. When its in auto mode, it switches to recirc and thats how it knows how hot/cold the air is. If you didnt have to do this its either:
A) you replaced an existing FP9350 facia kit and the probe was already run
B) it was a new install replacing the factory head unit and never installed the probe so wont be working properly.

If you used the fp9350, im guessing your car didnt have factory climate control. Did you do the install yourself?
Yes I did the install myself but I also did the adequate amount of research in order to install it properly , this is what's doing doing my fukn head in... I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to doing things the correct way I'm a Stickler.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I did the install myself but I also did the adequate amount of research in order to install it properly , this is what's doing doing my fukn head in... I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to doing things the correct way I'm a Stickler.
Well its easy to confirm. Did you take your glovebox out completely, the plastic behind it, and contort your hand to uncomfortable positions to get the cable tie in to hold the probe at the correct spot?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What did you find under the cap? Was it full or running on empty?