Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help save a life

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Now that I have your attention, help me save my cousins life by not killing him for damaging my 08 SS.

Apparently someone tried to run him off the road and swerved and drove up a gutter (LH damaged but RH ok)

I'm in hospital with complications of a heart transplant so I have plenty of time to find parts.

Massive help to me if you guys can point out the parts needed to basically replace and fix the left hand side.

So far I need a lower control arm (slightly bent) I think I need the "other" arm too and strut. Sorry, I know a few things but I'm not an expert.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated it.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
PS should I change just the LH or both sides too? Bit strapped for cash but if I'm gonna fix it, might as well do it properly.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can buy the control and caster arms as new items from SuperPro because the ball joints on the arms can't be replaced. Ideally you'd do both sides because of the different bushings but it shouldn't be a problem. Would also be worth your while making sure the strut isn't bent first too.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thank you brother!

PS can I trust Pedders with that 28 point inspection? I've only heard they try to rip you for parts not needed.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Eh, seems to be a franchise by franchise basis. If you've got a preferred mechanic I'd just go there, the arms aren't hard to install. Will just need to be wheel aligned afterwards, particularly if they have to replace a bent tie rod.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
I'm in hospital with complications of a heart transplant so I have plenty of time to find parts.

Geez,all the best with your Health problems...

Eezy peezy repairs if the sub frame isn't damaged,just bolt on new bits as suggested above.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks for all the replies.

Puts my mind at ease a bit at this stressful time.

Much appreciated.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Geez,all the best with your Health problems...

Eezy peezy repairs if the sub frame isn't damaged,just bolt on new bits as suggested above.
Thank you for your well wishes my brother! Hopefully St Vincent's will look after me like always.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Hope you get well soon

Things I would check:
Outer tie rod end
Inner rack end
Control arm
Caster Arm / Radius Arm (this already has a factory bend so don't mistake this for damage)
Sway bar link
Strut
Subframe (highly unlikely there's any damage)

I would recommend wreckers for second hand parts if you're not changing parts on both sides

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hope you get well soon

Things I would check:
Outer tie rod end
Inner rack end
Control arm
Caster Arm / Radius Arm (this already has a factory bend so don't mistake this for damage)
Sway bar link
Strut
Subframe (highly unlikely there's any damage)

I would recommend wreckers for second hand parts if you're not changing parts on both sides
Thank you brother, much appreciated.

PS I love this forum!