Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help selecting a new VE Ute

Amos

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 Series II VN
Ok so i have been working hard for a long time, working 2 jobs, paying off bad credit and also credit repair :( driving a 4 cyl run around car. Now i finally am able to get my P's. I have them in a few days. No i was wondering how i should go about this, everybody is telling me simply to just not get finance on a car etc... I understand where they are coming from, but i have my heart set on a new car, now dramas aside and onto the real deal :)

So i am looking at buying an Sv6 UTE as i love the look and obviously can't drive a V8 on my P's for the next few years.. So should i suck it up and just buy an average VE sv6 07-08 model for between $22-25,000 or should i go a step up and buy a '11 manufactured Series II SiDi engine with full extras and "Drive away no more to pay" for $32,000. A mate told me to try to pull them down into paying all costs and supplying a hardlid and try to get them to pay for insurance, but how likely is that?

Any suggestions are appreciated, also open to all criticism :)
Cheers

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If you HAVE to have a V6, then don't even waste your time with the Alloytec. SIDI is the only thing you should be considering.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
You'd have buckleys chance at having them pay all that. But you can add it onto the financed price, so it all gets paid off with the ute in the same loan.

The other way to buy one is through a novated lease, if your employer agrees to it. If you're able to do that, EVERYTHING is included in the repayments, including petrol, insurance, servicing, running costs, etc for the term of the lease. The repayments are obviously more than if you just leased the car but you generally come out in front as a portion of it is worked out on your pre-tax income - so you often end up paying less in tax as well.

colonelbmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black ssv redline ute
best way to find your best deal is 2 car yards in your area and go back and forth.. Most dealers will be about the same price but if you shop towards the end of the month some car yards will need to sell a couple to get to their targets for each month and you could get your self a deal. I found a difference of $6000 between some yards when looking for mine.

Amos

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 Series II VN
Yeah i really didn't think they would either, just something i heard and though i would bring up. Ok so scrap the alloytech. Only go for the SiDi. Are all the Series II models SiDi? I'm assuming they are. Whats years in the Series I are SiDi, i was also thinking of grabbing a S1 and spoke to a mate who is willing to install an Ipad in place of the fascia since it's something he says he knows how to do but never done it yet. Any extras i should be pushing for? Or are imperative to have?

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
All the S2 are SIDI, the series 1 are sidi from late 2008 (correct me if im wrong). I would get a towbar fitted (it came in handy when I got rear ended) , a hardlid unless your carrying bulky item constantly, tinting and possibly reverse sensors.

Global Xpress

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Voodoo Ute
SIDI are late 2009 onwards. Look for the model designation MY10, ensures its a SIDI. They were available from approx september 09. Id possibly suggest a pre owned 09-010 MY10 SIDI ute. I have an 2010, love it. Carsales is your best friend. Finance may be harder to get on a second hand, particularly private sale, so save a bit of a deposit if you can.