Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP... VE SSV 2006 ESP and Stability off light when starting.

Stynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 2006
Hi guys.
Need help. Have a SSV 2006 VE. On inital startup for the day its fine. Once engine is warm if you turn off then you crank engine again the ESP and statbility light turns on and car goes to limp mode.

Any ideas.

Stynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 2006
Hey mate. Thanks for the reply.

Its about 2-3 year old.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ignition problem? Does the engine run smoothly or does it have a miss? Or a failed wheel speed sensor...
Have a quick look under the car behind each wheel for damage or anything tangled up in the suspension..

Last edited:

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Ignition problem? Does the engine run smoothly or does it have a miss? Or a failed wheel speed sensor...
Have a quick look under the car behind each wheel for damage or anything tangled up in the suspension..

Yep, my monies on a busted rear abs sensor loom

Common problem

Stynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 2006
Ill check those out.
I just drove car 20 mins then stopped and started again. When I started it again the lights came up again and after a few times trying to start it with no warning lights it appears the battery is now dead. The motor isnt cranking and but has enough power to use power locks etc.

Stynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 2006
I can feel a slight miss. Feels more like a little lump.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Um does that mean the battery just died or it kept starting but you kept switching it off and then starting it again hoping the warning would disappear?
Sometimes a nearly dead battery with low voltage can trigger random warnings.

Stynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 2006
So I starting and stopping it with a few minutes in between about 10 times which worked in the past. But the lights never went off and it got to a stage where it wont crank now and looks lile now power when cranking but still have power when just on reds.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Now is the time to get it scanned properly to reveal the fault codes it's got stored to actually find out what the problem is and fix it.