Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help - VP doing strange things

IndiGo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
For sometime my car has lost power and began to shake a bit when I accelerate up hills but the problem has not been that bad. Today I was driving and it was shaking a bit when I was accelerating on flat road and then it kept. the power seems to die nd come back, die and come back when i accelerate. Finally, it just conks out and then I am able to start it again and then it conks out again but I can always restart it fine. Anyone hep?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It could be a blocked up fuel filter or a faulty/worn fuel pump,also a faulty CAS (Crank Angle Sensor) can cause similar problems.Also check the plugs and leads,Its best to replace the leads if they are more than 12 months old,same with the plugs if they are more than 6 months old.If the plugs and leads are ok,check the 3 ignition coils, they can break down when the engine is under power when they are old,it might be worth borrowing a known working coil and try it in each of the 3 places where yours are,just drive it each time and see if theres any difference,if there is,its probably best to replace all 3 coils at the same time.They seem to slowly loose their performance over time until they stuff right up.