Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[HELP] VP - VX Clubby Kit.

VP__Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hey,

I recently bought a VP. I have seen a few photos with them wearing a VX Clubby kit and I was referred to XXX-Bodykits to get it moulded. Apparently to my other mate, XXX-Bodykits don't fit flush, there are gaps everywhere and they are a **** to get fitted. Can someone back this up or are they not bad. They are pretty cheap too.

Thanks.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Hey,

I recently bought a VP. I have seen a few photos with them wearing a VX Clubby kit and I was referred to XXX-Bodykits to get it moulded. Apparently to my other mate, XXX-Bodykits don't fit flush, there are gaps everywhere and they are a **** to get fitted. Can someone back this up or are they not bad. They are pretty cheap too.

Thanks.

Hay mate i cant back up xxxbodykits, but if you are getting vx clubby kit stay well away from this guy on ebay
Holden VY HVS clubsport front bumper suit VP/VN/VG - eBay Body Kits, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Sep-09 14:13:59 AEST)
His kits are piss poor and dont fit flust plus there paper thin.8hours of work after fiting to fill the may gaps and it still didnt fit,in the end i just put IT in the bin.A big waste of $800:cry:.Stick with vp gts or vn group a kit they look way better:thumbsup:

Last edited:

VP__Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hay mate i cant back up xxxbodykits, but if you are getting vx clubby kit stay well away from this guy on ebay
Holden VY HVS clubsport front bumper suit VP/VN/VG - eBay Body Kits, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Sep-09 14:13:59 AEST)
His kits are piss poor and dont fit flust plus there paper thin.8hours of work after fiting to fill the may gaps and it still didnt fit,in the end i just put IT in the bin.A big waste of $800:cry:.Stick with vp gts or vn group a kit they look way better:thumbsup:

Yeh, thanks. I like the VX Clubsport body kit on the VP though. It's pretty much the best body kit they made to me.

kaneovp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
hey man dont go to xxx they are **** i gt an vy body kit for my car and they are **** they crack alot as they are so thin and had alot of gaps everywhere and dont fit flust and i spend 3 days trying to get it on and on top of that a mate from avo got one and he spend 2 weeks and ended up in the bin

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I can back up your mate, XXX are CRAP, i have seen a few on Fords and on Holdens, gaps everywhere, edges don't line up and they charge you bigtime for it too.

tweety.pie

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Series 1 VT Commodore
hey, ye i gota say don't go xxxbodykits, they r dodgy and crap their kits r not strong and they run the paint and tell u that it was the car or somthing. 1 of my friends had a vx kit on a vt and didnt line up and the kits had fibre glass sticking out so he cut his finger when he was washing the car and when we went to tell him they had a attitude and they cant even paint, they smoke weed and paint and then it stuffs up.

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
Got mine from monkey warehouse in queensland not to bad compared to others i have seen

lepht93

Well, you're wrong.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
Go for group A or senator, looks proper and is made for your model. Try spoilertek, avoid repliglass. With most fibreglass kits you will need to mod them to make it fit so don't expect any to be bolt on and perfect. Late model kits on early model cars never look right, the VX is much rounder than a VP, a guy in my area has a VY clubsport kit on a VT and even that looks odd.