Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help VR BCM 885 LUX? + I think the bcm is playing up

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
HI guys

I made a previous post Here

My car sometimes will not start just cranks, I then turn it off and press the remote it then starts, also sometimes when driving the car cuts out and sometimes will not start again until the remote is pressed.

Also a few months back when I tried to lock the car with the remote the blinkers flashed locks went down then came back up again almost straight away, I then had to lock with the key.

Before referring me to checking codes which I will do as soon as I find a paper clip or spare wire, could the BCM be responsible and how much would it cost to replace on a VRII Berlina

I looked at the BCM today and it says 885 Lux

I thought VR only used low mid or hi

What is a lux bcm and what is difference can I just use Hi if not can i disable my immobilizer since i think they that may be the cause of the problem.

Also does the 885 BCM have the theft deteriorate module build in ?

Thanks

Last edited:

wellsie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
885 lux is difficult to get. have same problem sometimes with door locks but only with a passenger . Have found that by closing passenger doosr firmly the doors stay locked ok .wierd but true . Sadly the cruise control keeps dropping out.