Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!! VS Auto Stalling!

Maddie VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6 3.8L
Help please!
So my revs keep dropping very low when off the throttle and it stalls, also stalls under heavy throttle. This was happening a few months ago so a mechanic replaced the crank angle sensor and DFI module and it was fine until last night and it's starting happening again. Any ideas on what else could be causing this? It's throwing out crank sensor codes again but surely that can't be it??!!
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
It could be the cas again, a few members on here have had a replacement cas fail only months later. Clear the codes and check again when it stalls to see if it comes back.

As a side note, clean the IAT as this is what controls air flow when the throttle is closed

Maddie VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6 3.8L
It could be the cas again, a few members on here have had a replacement cas fail only months later. Clear the codes and check again when it stalls to see if it comes back.

As a side note, clean the IAT as this is what controls air flow when the throttle is closed

Thanks for the feedback. I will get my partner to check the IAT this afternoon. I've spoken to a mechanic this morning and he seems to think it could be power steering switch? Any ideas on this?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I doubt the power steering is causing your stalling. I don't recall a power steering switch on the VS. there's a variable pressure sensor on the high end models, Calais etc.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Called be anything, coils leads plugs DFI failed again or harness wiring, but if its saying cas well its in that area. Other things fuel pump or blocked fuel filter pressure regulator. Bad earth.