Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! VT fuel pump assembly removal

slimecity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ecotec v6 (Mk 2) 1996 Auto
Hi I have my car on blocks, tank is dropped, i want to remove the assembly from the fuel tank - cant find instructions anywhere on how to do this? It is stuck pretty fast, help! thanks

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Screwdriver and a hammer on the locking ring.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Yep our to was tighter than a you know what and recommended a hammer and a cold chisel worked well. I still wonder why they put it in the tank but other manufactures did the same.
I hope you had a win and your back on the road.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Two screwdrivers, one at 90 degrees to the locking ring and the other placed behind the tab on the opposite side then lever the second screwdriver against the lower part of the first one and turn the locking ring anti clockwise. Only needs to move 50mm or less and the assembly will come out. Be careful with the float arm if you want to use it again. By the way, the screwdrivers should be a fair size. I just thought of an improvement, use a small pinch bar for the lower lever.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Hi I have my car on blocks, tank is dropped, i want to remove the assembly from the fuel tank - cant find instructions anywhere on how to do this? It is stuck pretty fast, help! thanks
Seeing as you wouldn't have the proper tool to remove the locking ring.
Use the suggestions above.