Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! VU Ute Cruise control not working?!

DizKwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S Ute
No doubt this has been asked before but i couldnt find a specific thread! So today I bought an 01 VU ute, but the cruise control is dodgy, the lights come on saying its set but it dosent hold speed. So from what ive heard before, Tail/brake lights could be a problem, but i checked and their all good. Any other hints to what it could be??

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Have you checked the vacuum line? It will not say its set if there it detects a problem with brake or clutch

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The brake switch for the cruise control, the one above the other brake light switch.

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
Ours hasn't worked for 2 years and hasn't bothered us but I do have the overspeed warning set at 99klms.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Check that the cable from the cruise module is connected to the throttle body. If both the ON and SET lights come on then it wont be a problem with the brake switches etc as it wont set at all if the brake switches are faulty or out of adjustment..

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
^^ This
Its most probably the cable from the cruise control module to the throttle body. Make sure its connected properly. I'm thinking it probably came loose at the throttle body

And in regards the brake switch (the one at the top), if it is faulty then the display will show that cruise control is engaged but it will not set.

DizKwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S Ute
Update... Problem found, It was the cable from the cruise control module to the throttle body! A Plastic piece has snapped and its come loose! Thanks everyone for the help!