Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help...!! Vx electrical issue..

vxclubster

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx clubsport R8
Hi there, My VX Clubby has developed an electrical issue firstly the head unit seems to lose power for half a sec, then while driving at night I noticed the headlights were also dimming occationally and the battery light flickers intermittently...So these are the things I have checked. The battery is running at 12v when the car is off, whilst running with the a/c, headlights and stereo on the batt/alternator are running at 13.8v...It seems to me there's a loose or poor connection somewhere..Any suggestions greatly appreciated..??

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
I'm no mechanic... just a tinkerer with cars for 30years...

1). Check you earths/negative connections.
2). Check your fuses, even take them out and re-sit the... including relays.
3). Have your alternator checked as the regulator could might be on the way out...

Good luck...

D

devilly

i would be disconnecting battery and checking back of alternator nut for tightness, and then following the earth leads to side of car body mounting point and check for tightness.

also check the terminal connectors and the cords that go into them i just give them a wiggle up and down.14.1 to 14.3 on idles with stereo on is what i get.

its only a small amount your loosing, but if you have flicking going sounds like something is loose to me.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Alternator brushes could be worn out. They normally behave like this just before the alternator stops working completely.