Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help.. vz Holden

elle321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon v6
Hi all I need advice urgently please if anyone can help me.. I have a VZ wagon, I was redoing a spark plug and coil, when i finished I started the car and it sounded terrible like it was grinding and not wanting to start, then started and just cut out while running absolutely terribly. Rough and loud. I noticed that the old plugs porcelain had shattered into a couple big pieces and a few tiny pieces, and fallen into the engine. Any idea what damage I've done in there or what I'd need to do, to get the bits out, or where they may be in there. Or more importantly, what I may have damaged? Any advice much appreciated. Im too scared to try start it again, it sounds like it's gonna cease up or something. But definitely very rough and like the fuel isn't getting thru very much. It won't idle longer than a few seconds very loudly and motor is knocking violently all of a sudden since the porcelain bits fell in and since starting it with the bits broken off unknowingly in there. Heelllllppp

Jolls

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Not much of an option than to pull the heads and inspect the damage. Possibly scored/damaged a piston/bore/valve.
Let us know how you go.

elle321

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon v6
Not much of an option than to pull the heads and inspect the damage. Possibly scored/damaged a piston/bore/valve.
Let us know how you go.
Cheers, will do. and have a look at them bits and see if they're damaged

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slug powered VZ, Cross 8 VZ, VE Calais & ya mum.
The most dodgy option would be to vacuum out the bore via the spark plug hole. You never know, it might work?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
The most dodgy option would be to vacuum out the bore via the spark plug hole. You never know, it might work?
Yep, duct tape a piece of rubber hose to the end of the vacuum sucker nozzle, just make sure it is small enough to go in the plug hole, and maybe one of those inspection cameras usually on special under $100 to have a look around.
Hopefully the bits being raised on the top of the piston have not bent a valve but maybe have closed the spark plug gap.

Last edited: