Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help vz ss LS1 8 pin throttle body to 6 pin

John snow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss LS1
Stuck on a upgrade. Putting on a new sniper intake manifold and 102mil throttle body, fuel rails, valley cover etc. VZ drive by has a 8 pin throttle connection, the new 102mil throttle body has a 6 pin. Does anyone know a way around this on a budget. Thanks

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
This company does the module/adaptors for what you are wanting to do
http://www.torquerush.com/x-link.html
I'm sure there would be other businesses around nowadays that do them as well

Just food for thought...….
After doing some research on this myself a few years back, I found that there are some really cheap & nasty alternatives getting around, and the general consensus from users of these was that the cheapies don't do the job properly

John snow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss LS1
Thanks for the feed back guys. Can't believe it's about $500 delivered for the xlink. Surely if an adaptor works then a good auto electrian would be able to wire in a new 6 pin plug into the wiring harness. It has to be possible. Just a matter of finding that someone in Townsville area

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Thanks for the feed back guys. Can't believe it's about $500 delivered for the xlink. Surely if an adaptor works then a good auto electrian would be able to wire in a new 6 pin plug into the wiring harness. It has to be possible. Just a matter of finding that someone in Townsville area
it uses signal conversion also so it works as that will be the extra cost, its not just a cable

John snow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss LS1
Just done some research on it. There's diagrams on how to do it. But no comments or feed back, except that you lose 2 sensors worse case. Think it's just going to be easier to buy the xlink. Drama is their on holidays till the end of February. Does anyone know if any Australian companies sell them. Thanks for all feed back. Has been most helpful. Got everything ready, but the xlink.

ECOJ3T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Just done some research on it. There's diagrams on how to do it. But no comments or feed back, except that you lose 2 sensors worse case. Think it's just going to be easier to buy the xlink. Drama is their on holidays till the end of February. Does anyone know if any Australian companies sell them. Thanks for all feed back. Has been most helpful. Got everything ready, but the xlink.
Old thread dig . How did you end up going with this ? I also have a vz ss ls1 and looking at upgrading intake manifold and throttlebody

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Old thread dig . How did you end up going with this ? I also have a vz ss ls1 and looking at upgrading intake manifold and throttlebody
Hey mate, OP was only logged on for the month of his posting, unless someone else chimes in you could have a long wait.
Good luck.