Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Water flowing out of front and foot vents.

usernameguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Commodore Acclaim
My 1999 VT Commodore is leaking roughy half a litre of water out of the floor vents and front dashboard vents.

This began as small amounts out of the foot vents but has escalated quickly. It is not an issue with any liquid from the car itself as it only occurs when it rains.

So far we have had the windscreen seal checked, had the vents checked for blocks and poured water over various locations around the front of the car, to no avail.

The car appears to have been in no major accidents either.

Really needa get this one solved.

Cheers

-UserNG

usernameguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
The water is clean, rain water. It pools behind the dash. I was parked on a slant \\\ that way and as soon as I opened the door water ran out of the vent in the side of the dash for the door vent.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I would say you have a possible leak around the gutter area. is there any damage in the area under the wipers

21-11-20089-13-42PM.jpg

usernameguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing visable, the only thing in that area is a buildup of white on a wiperarm (away from the base though). What are the key things to look for? I've already paid $200 to have a mechanic look and find nothing so I'd love to have a look myself before doing that again.

I've fired a high pressure hose down the gutter several times, once I got something inside the car. Out of curiosity how do you remove the tops? The screws in mine seems to turn without loosening.

Cheers

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Check that the drain isnt blocked up with leaves and stuff.
and also check for cracks in the plastic trim.

to get to the drain you may need to remove the wiper arms and the top plastic trim.
the drains are at each corner of the windscreen

botchla90393

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wags
hmmm your problem sounds exactly the same as mine usernameguy! even with the screws turning but not loosening!!

i got in my (unreg for 1 month) VT and smelt a musty kinda smell...looked under the floor mat and there was a pool of water...turned around and checked out the drivers side passenger foot area and the same thing!
lucky it wasnt the other side as my amp is mounted under the passenger seat..

i have a funny feeling its coming from somewhere in the firewall or under the plastic **** that has already been mentioned....ill check it out and let u guys know

btw i had a VR before the vt and it did exactly the same thing!

darren44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 wagon Berlina
Is it the o-rings for the heater ?

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
check out the heater core...

start the engine n run the heater check for leaks again..