Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help..... We broke it :(

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
new pump in, same problem still.

D.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Maybe its your mixer screw if it has one, thats if you've had this issue since day one of the car and you have as i can read, shes could be out of a tune a bit with the fuel side.

Just trying to help :)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
but car ran just fine. Occasional thumps needed on the pump & she ran fine again. Why would mixer screw no cause her not to start at all??

Basicaly, I want someone to tell me what other wiring I have damaged along with the fuel pump ?

D.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Next post will be in the wrecking section..... Ive had enuf of this really, driving me nuts....

D.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I was thinking of the mixer screw to be something like the level of fuel being allowed into the engine and to burn.

Now i think a wire as came lose and the connection isnt good enough when u installed the new wire, if u used your hands and not a coat hanger to thread the wire pass certain areas, then maybe so...

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Do you have spark? I remember i had a problem with my old efi i thought it was the efi relay turns out it was new coil decided to pack it in. When you crank it do you get injector pulse? (plug a test light into injector plug) You could try unpluging the fuel rail turn the keys on acc (i think) and see if the pumps pumping fuel up to the motor. Have you considered a blocked fuel line? Does it just wind over with no signs of starting? if you got no pulse might be the relay or maybe efi unit but i don't know if you can fry one of these

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
its starts, then dies. So me thinks no fuel is the issue lol. Tried checking volume at the end of the fuel rail, no fuel at all :(

Thats when new pump went in.... still same :( so injectors not working maybe? Car still starts, then dies.

D.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
The way it works i thimk if you don't have have pulse the car won't start so if it starts and dies then i'd say you got spark, pulse and compression(we'll assume that) so you need fuel. With ignition on you can hear the fuel pump like a low buzz droning? It's got fuel in the tank i assume? maybe a blocked line? try blowing into the line and have someone listen for bubbles in the tank (hold on that won't work) try unplugging it at both ends and put compressed air or something through it.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
yeah rewired up new power for the fuel pump, definetly making all the right noises, both the old pump & the new one just fitted.

Car was running fine, we turned it off, disconnected battery, ran a new power wire to battery thru firewall, re-connected battery, & problem!!!!!

So heres where I think its all in the wiring, cus thats the only thing that could have casued this surely? We must have damaged something when putting new wire thru the firewall :( I drove it not 30mins before this happened!

D.