Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help weird fault

justinpiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute S2 3.8 M5
Hi,

I have a 2002 vu commodore V6 manual. The car is jerking in first gear only. It does not jerk when it is cold, only when the car is warmed up. Every day it is getting more and more violent. I have changed the spark plugs the leads the coil pack and the igniter. There is also no engine faults coming up.

Can anyone suggest anything that might help me diagnose this problem?

justinpiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute S2 3.8 M5
Probably should also have said it is running fine in all other gears maybe a little power loss. This problem is only noticeable when I put my foot down more than half way in first gear only.

vx_ss_black

phantom vx
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
clutch maybe? 1st has the shortest gearing so maybe it slips a little and then grabs as the clutch spins around to a grippier part of the clutch plates? a mates old suzuki swift did something similar(ish) but it was really really violent jerking. like head through the windshield violent. good luck with it mate

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
it sounds like your cars clutch plates a slipping like vx_ss_black has said , but it could be first gear, do you have to put your foot all the way to the floor when putting it into first.

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
Hi,

The car is jerking in first gear only.

Can anyone suggest anything that might help me diagnose this problem?

stop feeding it kangaroo juice :dance:
or contact a driving school for a few lessons in driving a manual :p

nah just jokes, may be ya clutch/throw out bearing........ mine did a similar thing when it went on me

justinpiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute S2 3.8 M5
its a new clutch and gearbox though? I dont think the clutch would be slipping as it is a heavy duty one. The problem started happening about a month after I had these installed. But it might be worth a look if no one else has any suggestions. ??? :dance:

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
did they do all the bolts n stuff up properly? :eek: whered you get it done?if its only been in a month or so, id take it back

justinpiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute S2 3.8 M5
yeah I checked all of the bolts on the gear box and engine everything seems nice and tight. I might take it back I got Prompt gearbox repairs to do it. He seemed quite helpful. Anything else I can check? :bang:

justinpiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute S2 3.8 M5
well in the news today my car was fixed. It was the engine mount it had warped putting pressure on the engine some how causing the crank angle sensor to basically stall the car in first. Don't know the details but its fixed. Yay