Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Help with 304 Cam Selection

Dinwoodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Forester GT, ET Turbo Pulsar, VS 5.0L Ute
Hey everyone!
As the title suggests, i am looking at upgrading the cam in my car but before i jump into anything there are a few questions i would like to seek the answers too. First one is; Is it worth me doing it? My ute has a reco motor in it that has just clocked 25,000 km, it has factory gas on it, as well as petrol. Is the factory impco gas setup going to restrict my intake too much to bother with putting a lumpy cam into it.

Second question is, is it worth upgrading to a cam where i can keep the current ecu tune which is just a memcal i picked up that has been tampered with a bit to get a little more power from (If i did this i could get my father in-law to put the cam in as he is a mechanic) Or would you recommend getting a more aggressive cam, getting it done at a performance workshop where they can also alter the memcal to suit?

If yes to doing it in the first place what cam's would the users here recommend?

Cheers in advance Jordz

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
there is a thread on cam selection for 304's try doing a search.

if you fit a cam, you will need a tune to suit.

not sure on the LPG system