Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with Adventra LX8 purchase?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
oh and watch that named dealer too, they will do shonky stuff.

They once tried to sell me a VX Supercharged S pack. Problem was the car never existed.

They told me about it, it was "at the workshop for inspection". I offered to travel out to the Burwood workshop to inspect it and got told no.

I paid a $100 deposit on a Saturday afternoon, not their $250, to "secure" the car.

They rang me, telling me "on Sunday morning, someone else had paid cash at another AFS dealership and bought the car" I had finance ready to go, just give me the bank account details and it wouldve gone in instantly.

Anyway they tried to upgrade me to a VY SS, bearing in mind I only had X amount to spend.

I demanded my money back, they told me too bad - read the contract.

Only issue was I had modified the standard contract, and the salesman had signed and agreed to the changes. The changes were that I was paying "$100 cash deposit pending an inspection of the vehicle which included a test drive and 3rd party inspection in the workshop of a local named mechanic" and that the deposit would "be refunded in full in cash if the vehicle did not meet my expectations or failed the test drive and/or 3rd party inspection".

We argued, he got cocky, but agreed it was a legally binding document and had to cough up $100 out of his own wallet to make me go away.

While this was happening, a P plater had signed a contract for an XR8. I heard him say on the phone while in tears "I dont know how I'll afford it, its going to cost me almost all of my pay. Yes I know if Im sick I dont get paid. I dont know how I would afford it then"

Now that was the damage done by what was a "standard contract" so imagine what else goes on in that place.

ScufVZwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX8
Dude id buy it for that price and kms. Jump onto streetwagons.com. Heaps of lx8 owners on there. Ill be one once I get of my ps. For the moment ill be in a v6. But yer jump on street wagons. That price is cheap 25g for not many kms. Buy it

jimmy19650

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
I paid 20k for mine. Absolutely immaculant. if you look around, I have seen them as low as $10500. I would recommend a VZ though. I have also seen them with liquid injection gas fitted, if you can buy these. the LX8 is the only Calais spec wagon holden make. You wont find a better spec'd wagon. Buy it, or another LX8, as long as you understand they do use a bit of fuel, you wont regret it.