Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with clock and speedo.

puregeek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Hi
Can anyone please tell me how you change the time on a factory headunit on a 98 VT acclaim wagon please. Also how do you reset the trip meter on the speedo. I have tried holding down the mode button. Just seems to just to the next one.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advaced.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
To reset the trip meter you have to press up and down at the same time, you should hear a beep and the meter should go back to 0. You will have to check your audio manual for the time, I don't have mine any more as I have a new head unit, if you have yours it will be in that.

puregeek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
To reset the trip meter you have to press up and down at the same time, you should hear a beep and the meter should go back to 0. You will have to check your audio manual for the time, I don't have mine any more as I have a new head unit, if you have yours it will be in that.

I thought that that would do it. But it doesn't do anything when i press both buttons?... I know both buttons work because i can set my speed warning up and down. Any ideas?

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
It might take some persistence before the computer registers that you wish to reset your trip counter. I know mine does and some days it takes at least 4 or 5 attempts before it'll work.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
you hold down the TIME and <<♪>> and the track << button, and also the search << button.

to reset the trip counter go to the trip counter screen and hold the Up and Down Buttons until it beeps and then it will reset to 0

puregeek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
you hold down the TIME and <<♪>> and the track << button, and also the search << button.

to reset the trip counter go to the trip counter screen and hold the Up and Down Buttons until it beeps and then it will reset to 0

Thanks for that everyone. It worked! Thanks again!