Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with few things....

Maximus117

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Commodore SV6
Hey guys, new to this forum after picking up 2014 VF Commodore SV6 from pickles earlier this week. Noticed few things which I would love your expert opinion.
1. On first day, I noticed auto transmission to shudder slightly when gears going down. e.g. slowing down to stop at signals. This disappeared after 2nd day.
2. Idle is not very smooth. The needle on the rev meter is stable however the engine seems to be hesitating. very very slight shudder can be felt.
3. While at P on the gears, the revs dont go more than 3000rpms. is there a rev limitter?
Thats it for now. hoping some of you can assist. Thanks in advance guys.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Its there to protect your engine. It also wont rev over 6k when going flat out for the same reason.

It may just need an oil change. When i brought mine it had 108km on clock and now it has 114k and i changed the oil recently and im almost 100% sure they used the wrong oil. As it was really really dirty for apprently a service at 108km..

Maximus117

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Commodore SV6
Thanks Clay1391. The service is due at 105,000. Its currently 99,000. I will wait for another couple of thousand kms and will book it in. I hope its only the oil as you stated.