Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with install

purdss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Fifty Ute
Hi all,
Just started upgrading my sound system in my VU SS ute and was wondering how to access the tweeters in the dash so I can replace them, sorry to ask a question that has been asked before but I've tried searching with no luck. I will also be changing door speakers, do I need to remove the door trim or can I remove speaker grill? How do I remove sides of dash where head unit is so that I can mount it securely?
Cheers Purds

peninsulabands

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SS 6.0 TUR(i)SMO
there is a thread in the How-To section on how to remove VY/VZ door trims. its not too difficult if you follow it correctly.
and as for the dash to change the headunit... i get autobarn to do mine :)

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
You need to remove the entire door trim to access the door speakers :)

To access the tweeters you'll first have to remove the end pieces of the dash (the bits that the doors close on to). On each side there is one screw in the air vent that goes to the door. On the passenger side there are two more screws which can be accessed by dropping the glovebox down (push in the rubber tabs on each side to drop it all the way), and removing the fuse cover to reveal 2 screws in the same spots on the drivers side. After doing this you'll have access to the screw securing the tweeter cover / demister vent on each side. Remove each demister vent by pulling it towards you - if you're having trouble you can gently lever it up with a flat screwdriver to disengage the clips but be VERY careful doing this as the plastic can be quite brittle.