Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with Laptop Shutting down randomly

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
been having problems with my laptop latly i turn it on and it freezes up or it shuts down. i brought some new anti virus software but i cant install it in safemode and in normal mode it just shuts down before i can install it:bang::bang::bang:

any ideas?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
one word CONFLICKER LOL im back from a fresh install wont let you system restore or install antivirus

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
try running from a command prompt
msconfig, then under the general tab, select "selective startup"
untick all boxes, but leave the bullseye for boot ini selected.
this will then boot the machine with none of the extra programs that normally starts up when windows load. (just remember to put it back to normal startup when your done resolving the issue.)
see if that helps, if it doesn't shut down, then something is getting loaded in startup.
you can download for free "Administrative Tools" from AA Tools a registry cleaner, that also gives you a list of start up programs that you can simply tell to stop loading.
website = G-Lock software | AATools network diagnostic software, SpamCombat, EasyMail, Email Verifier, Email Processor

give that a try first.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
lol maybe over heat?

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Yeah I'm thinking overheating, have a feel for how hot it's getting. If it's getting "hot" to touch, you should be able to hear some fans running, if there is no fan noise, suspect fan failure.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
If its an Acer then I suspect over-heating aswell lol.

if its not an Acer Ill go with a possible software/virus problem before a hardware problem.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
my lappy always has problems and shuts down when it overheats, u have any heat problems?

:computer:

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
try running from a command prompt
msconfig, then under the general tab, select "selective startup"
untick all boxes, but leave the bullseye for boot ini selected.
this will then boot the machine with none of the extra programs that normally starts up when windows load. (just remember to put it back to normal startup when your done resolving the issue.)
see if that helps, if it doesn't shut down, then something is getting loaded in startup.
you can download for free "Administrative Tools" from AA Tools a registry cleaner, that also gives you a list of start up programs that you can simply tell to stop loading.
website = G-Lock software | AATools network diagnostic software, SpamCombat, EasyMail, Email Verifier, Email Processor

give that a try first.

i started it in command prompt where do i go now?