Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with my boot install

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
hey guy's, ive seen many pictures where people have used a peice of MDF, or simialr, on the drivers side of the boot, closest to the tail light, to mount an amp. Now it looks simple enough, but im completely hopeless when comes to calculating or figuring out the dimensions with something like this.

So, my question is, if someone has done what i'm talking about, do you know the exact measurements you used, in order to fit a MDF peice in this section. And how did you secure it in. Thanks to anyone who can help me.:thumbsup:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I've never made a wall for that section before, so I'm not sure how you would go about securing it, but the easiest way I have found for measuring odd shapes like that is just to make a template out of cardboard, then trace around that onto the mdf.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I've never made a wall for that section before, so I'm not sure how you would go about securing it, but the easiest way I have found for measuring odd shapes like that is just to make a template out of cardboard, then trace around that onto the mdf.

Yes use the cardboard makes life 100% easyier . If yah had a fake floor yah could just get 2 little block with a slight angle on them and screw them into the floor, Then just srew it onto them and if yah dont i guess yah could just screw it into the metal floor , But yeh I didnt to my boot install like that so I dunno

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah ive havent got a flat floor or anything, i just need a piece of MDF to mount my mono block, I've thought about using cardboard to make a template, but once ive cut the MDF, i've got no idea on how i can secure it. I've had a good look, but still cant figure anything out.....

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
if you dont want to bolt it to the car, just use velcro on the underside of the mdf. Should secure it well enough.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Have you got a pic of someone else that has done this that you can show us?

Most will use boxes that screw through the floor... A pic will help but from what you have described, i would be looking at making a bracket and then using a metal weld adhesive to fix that bracket to the chassis... like a ledge and then bolt whatever to the bracket...

aZk.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I dont have any photos, but i used it to secure my old sub box to the carpet in my old car. Sure its preferable to bolt it to the floor but this method worked suprisingly well for what it was. Just use the rough side of the velcro on the mdf and it will stick to the carpet.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
im trying to find a picture of exactly what i mean, i remember seeing a good picture of a VR/VS white one,(mint VS supercahred the add says..) that was in the for sale section. Computers being gay though, so it could take me a while....

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I was thinking taht yah could use the bit of MDf to make the board then maybe get like brackets and like insert them into a small hole in the carpet ? . I think thatt it might work

black = boot wall/carpet
red = mdf
green = bracket

Attachments

• booota.jpg
    booota.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 193

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
whats going to hold the MDF in at the top and bottom..? Im thinking get a shitload of velcro strips, and velcro the carpet thats there now to the inner wall of the car. Then cut an MDF piece, and use another shitload of Velcro strips to secure it to the carpet...If that makes sense.I just dont want anything loose or dodgy...