Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with my ford!

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Niether do ford Oz.....

Both parties source big motors from the states....

If you want big GM stuff, cant go past the 572 crate motor...

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I have a question, now there's nothing wrong with a 351, you say it's been sitting, but will it still run? The amount of money you spend on buying and fitting a 460, would go a long way if spent on the 351. But maybe it's long gone, i dunno, just my opinion, looks alrught mate on the outside, what's the interior like?

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Interior is imac except for the carpet. The engine starts fine and still makes some power. Can still spin 265's all the way from a rolling start in 1st till 2nd gear (3 speed box and the throttle got stuck ahahah). Its a strong engine and has been rebuilt and then garaged and put under a car cover for the past few years.

The 460 just sounds demonic. When they start up and get going they sound like the devil himself is behind the wheel. I am willing to put alot of work into the engine to get about 5/600hp and then retire it as a show/weekend cruiser.

YouTube - 460 ford jet boat under fire

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden 5 litres sound good, but you cant beat cubic inches for a real sound....

YouTube - Naturally Aspirated 572 CI Impala By Nelson Racing Engines

Im in agreeance with the other guy though, build the 351 man, they sound great, i loved the sound of my old one... If you have the coin to throw at cars, why not build something mental from the 351 seeing as you allready have a good starting point... and that way, you dont have to worry about reg problems cos its the orignal block...

kurtNIghtOut049.flv video by Doctor_Sodways - Photobucket

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
stock 460 and isky cam and extractors will be far better than a 351 rebuilt to massive specs

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh no doubt, but it depends what he is wanting, and depends how long he wants to wait, to find a 460, could just go all out and order one from the states and build it the way he wants it, or run the 351 with a nice exhaust till he can get his hands on a built one here, theres a few ways to go about it.... In the end, there is no replacement for displacement...

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
If i had money to throw around ( and i was a Ford man haha) i'd probably sell the fairlane as a rolling car, and then freshen the 351 up a little, and hunt down maybe a nice XA,XB....that's just me anyway. But yeah like the other guy's said, there's a few good Ford forums out there, many will also have a for sale section too, something might even come up in one of them, worth checking out.