Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help With my V6 VX!

Lachlan300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Hey guys, first official post on this site.

Anyway, my car has been missing and at this point, I took it to a mechanic as I'm not very experienced. Afterwards, the coil packs, trigger module, spark plugs, spark leads and fuel filter have all been replaced. It runs good most of the time, but when I take it out the road and give it a few, it sounds like there's still a slight miss and now, it even backfires. While the backfire is a little cute, I'd really enjoy having this issue fixed. The car is pretty much stock standard apart from an exhaust.

Please help me out!

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
If it's truley backfiring id be very worried, You sure your not thinking of exhaust burble with the fuel cut on deceleration? Sounds like everything spark related has been changed ... Try cleaning the iac and intake manifold (if you don't want to remove it you can just use Subaru upper engine cleaner following the instructions on the can)

Another thing to try is taking off the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator (when car is turned off) and smelling it if it smells like fuel the diaphragm is ruptured....

Check your vacuum hoses you can test for micro tears etc by spraying carby cleaner on the hoses while engine running if idle changes there's a leak...

If that all makes no difference I would reco your injectors.... You can buy all the parts for like $20 then it's up to u wether or not u want to get them flow tested and matched etc