Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with neons please

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Hey guys, before i start i know that there is alot of threads on this topic but i cant find the one im looking for.

Ok so here we go, i got 2x 30cm Blue neons i want to install in my footwells.
I also bought a switch for them.
I would not have a clue what to wire. I want to wire them where my ciggy lighter is and just replace the lighter with the switch. There is a brown wire and a black wire ( guessing the brown is + and black is - ) there is also the little light which is on a grey wire, but for some reason the light dont turn on.
Now how do i wire these puppys up? On my switch it has 3 output things, 1 is for power, 1 is for ground and other one is for accessories.

Any info will help.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
depending on the switch it should be power in power out and light if it has a light in the switch or power in middle and power out on both other pins depending on which way the switch is flipped

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The switch dont really bother me, i just dont know where all the wires are ment to go lol

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
power wire from ciggy lighter to switch from switch to neon from neon to earth

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
if i was u i wouldn't swith the active wire.. always switch the earth it safer and keeps switches from heating up and or blowing your fuses.. i have 7 neons in my car 1 in boot 3in the rear and 3 in the front both footwells and one over the head unit. i had a active switched and it kept blowing the fuse. It may have been the swith i was using but it is just easier in the long run.. stop u having to go back and find the problem

build yourself a test light.. pop open your dome light pull the globe out.. get 2 wires strip one end on both of them like 40mm and the others like 5 10mm. wrap the long side around each metal side of the globe and bam u got a test light. u use this by holding one wire to what u think may be power and the other end to any metal body part of the car ie. screw.

or...... Buy a test light lol

Ben

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nope you should never switch the earth as it leaves a wire with constant power free to do what it wants running all round the car more chance of shorting and causing fires and allsorts of stuff even when you think its turned off

VPplayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
problem solved, got them all lighting. The hardest bit would of been hideing the wires lol, thanks for the info guys

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I'm sure he figured it out by now :p