Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with OTR for L98

adrianftb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV
Hey guys
I'm not too sure how this all works so I need a bit of help.

I'm looking to buy and install a VCM OTR onto my ve ssv L98. I've had a look at OTRs and noticed I can go with a MAF or Mafless OTR as well as a mafless tune which I've heard has the best power increase.

As I'm looking to install the OTR myself is it fine to install a mafless OTR and then get it tuned within the next couple days?

Also any one from canberra have any suggestions on places to go to get it tuned? I've heard about Gen-Tech which is who I'm leaning towards right now.

Thank you

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hey guys
I'm not too sure how this all works so I need a bit of help.

I'm looking to buy and install a VCM OTR onto my ve ssv L98. I've had a look at OTRs and noticed I can go with a MAF or Mafless OTR as well as a mafless tune which I've heard has the best power increase.

As I'm looking to install the OTR myself is it fine to install a mafless OTR and then get it tuned within the next couple days?

Also any one from canberra have any suggestions on places to go to get it tuned? I've heard about Gen-Tech which is who I'm leaning towards right now.

Thank you

Gentech in Mitchell or Autotech Hume. Also ESP in Queanbyan are pretty good too.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
will not run well without the maf as it also has the IAT sensor in it, best to just get tuner to fit before they start/tune it

adrianftb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV
will not run well without the maf as it also has the IAT sensor in it, best to just get tuner to fit before they start/tune it

Is it possible to get a MAF OTR and then make it or put a mafless tune on it so it's safe to drive without a tune until I get one? Or if the only option is to just get a tuner to do it all I'm fine with that.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Is it possible to get a MAF OTR and then make it or put a mafless tune on it so it's safe to drive without a tune until I get one? Or if the only option is to just get a tuner to do it all I'm fine with that.
if u want to drive it before a tune then keep the maf, mafless takes a few changes to use properly

adrianftb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV
if u want to drive it before a tune then keep the maf, mafless takes a few changes to use properly
Really no need to go mafless on a ve mate, they aren’t restrictive like the older LS1 cars

Appreciate the help. Would I be better off just driving around with a maf OTR and then get a cam and a tune once the time comes around?