Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with side airbag :(

black arrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE
HI THERE
I`ve got Commodore vz sedan v8 .
and i`ve changed the front seats to sporty one ,:surprise:
But unfortunately the SRS light comes on , because the new seats dosent has AIRBAGS on them.
And when i sacned the error code it says(Left hand side system voltage too high)...:hmmm:
One of friend said i could fix that prob by fit a Resistor, but i dont know what right the Resistor value?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
prettty sure you will need someone with a tech2 to change your configuration from 4 airbags to 2, i think holden might be able to do it probably for a pretty penny, Phreddy here could do it for you if your close to him

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
lol big suprise there, nothing illegal about changing your seats, pretty sure it would be a 5minute job for them, maybe try another dealership or a local mechanic who has tech2, alternatively like i said PM phreddy and see if he can sort you out,

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
lol big suprise there, nothing illegal about changing your seats, pretty sure it would be a 5minute job for them, maybe try another dealership or a local mechanic who has tech2, alternatively like i said PM phreddy and see if he can sort you out,

your right, there is nothing illegal about changing your seats...
BUT, your car originally had airbags in the seats, to which it now doesn't.....theres the illegal part..

pretty sure your insurance might not be too impressed if something were to happen

black arrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE
:(
I talked to , APC Performance, xspeed, motor sport service centre,...etc all of them said they cant do it .....
I think i am going to use the Resistor.... the essayist way...
Anyone know the resistor value of (Commodore vz v8 side or seat airbag) ?

Last edited:

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
lol big suprise there, nothing illegal about changing your seats, pretty sure it would be a 5minute job for them, maybe try another dealership or a local mechanic who has tech2

No-one said you can't change your seats, the problem here is that the new seats don't have Side Airbags. In doing this you've caused a few issues:

1. The BCM can't detect the two airbags, so an error code is thrown
2. In extreme cases, an insurance claim may be denied due to a modification deeming safety standards lower than what the vehicle was equipped with from factory
3. If you ever get a Yellow and need to go over the pits, they will not pass the vehicle unless you reinstall the original seats (or at least seats that have Side Airbags)

On the bright side, as others have said there are people who can do the required modification with a Tech2; and as long as you don't care about the legal side of things (which really on here, who does) you should be alright.

Enjoy your new seats, though I don't think I'd ever upgrade mine unless they had the same amount of airbags!