Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with smoothing Vr engine bay

Tim93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr clubsport mock up
Hey guys I'm currently in the process of spraying my Vr clubby mock up and will soon be starting to smooth the engine bay. I want to re locate the battery to the boot and fill in the old battery tray to make it match the air box side now I'm wondering how that piece is done is it just a matter of tracing the other side to cardboard then transfer to sheet metal and bending it? any help will be much appreciated :)

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
Yes! cardboard is easier to work with.
It may be done in 1 piece or done in sections and tacked together depending on the shapes and bends difficulty.
From factory it would be done by press, also pressure pack cans are good for the hard spots.

Tim93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr clubsport mock up
Thanks mate sorry for the late reply I gave up after a while thinking my post was a no show. I work in a metal fab shop so I've got a few toys to help me out I think I might do as you said trace it to cardboard transfer to metal then I might find a piece of tube with the radius of the bend I'm after and tack it to that heat it up and bend it sounds like it will work in my head anyway

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
No worries mate I mainly come on here when i'm bored
Always use heat as a last resort as heat weakens metal