Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with some wiring

JordysCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vn Berlina & 01 vu
hi guys was wondering if anyone could help me out with these connectors, running in a vs v8 loom into a s1 vn, I was following a guide but the pictures got taken off photobucket so its not to much if a help with no wire colours.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vr-ev6-4l60e-into-vn-s2-or-vp-conversion.181305/

fist photo is the connecter on the vs loom, 2nd photo is the vn loom next to the fuse box.

IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0583-2.jpg

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
What do you want to know about them?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Um vr is similar layout to vn/p in that you get away with simple repin under dash....vs is odd one out wires don't go with ecu plug but instead go across firewall to driver's side plug.

Meaning unwrap tape then seperate which wires go through firewall & which wires go plugs near relay box up front...early vn series 1 some of wire colours are different,mainly power wires iirc.

Use original vn harness for oil pressure switch/fuel pump...just need to extend to suit.Reason being is vs goes through ecu etc...vn setup much simpler/easier.

Trans wire pink/blue trace(????)...dug mine out out of harness back of head/trans section although it was probably in long harness plug.

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Remember to double check as it's your job...vaguely remember them as...

vs eng loom
green/w fuel pump relay
blue/w thermofan
green 2 greens one is temp gauge other for air compressor...one is think other thin
red/b should be D1 12v feed
violet/w should be C12 off ecu straight to same wire on trans tunnel plug & use other to power trans wire
Lt green/b air compressor relay

As said way more accurate to unwrap tape at plugs of vs engine harness then trace wires to be 100% what they & then sort it out to vn-vr layout.

Some wires go up front in engine bay whilst some plug up dash harness near ecu on vn...that's why vs is different.

Very helpful link below thanks to delcohacking peeps

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1352

Last edited:

JordysCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vn Berlina & 01 vu
Remember to double check as it's your job...vaguely remember them as...

vs eng loom
green/w fuel pump relay
blue/w thermofan
green 2 greens one is temp gauge other for air compressor...one is think other thin
red/b should be D1 12v feed
violet/w should be C12 off ecu straight to same wire on trans tunnel plug & use other to power trans wire
Lt green/b air compressor relay

As said way more accurate to unwrap tape at plugs of vs engine harness then trace wires to be 100% what they & then sort it out to vn-vr layout.

Some wires go up front in engine bay whilst some plug up dash harness near ecu on vn...that's why vs is different.

Very helpful link below thanks to delcohacking peeps

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1352

thanks mate much appreciated, you are correct about the trans wire it was the pink blue. i finally got around to the car and tested some of the wiring out, I unwrapped the vn side, I've worked out the pins for the under dash wiring. i think im pretty set to wire in a harness just waiting for local wreckers to open again due to corona stage 4 ( im down in vic ) and Ill go grab some plugs:)

dimsim87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn le 5L
Um vr is similar layout to vn/p in that you get away with simple repin under dash....vs is odd one out wires don't go with ecu plug but instead go across firewall to driver's side plug.

Meaning unwrap tape then seperate which wires go through firewall & which wires go plugs near relay box up front...early vn series 1 some of wire colours are different,mainly power wires iirc.

Use original vn harness for oil pressure switch/fuel pump...just need to extend to suit.Reason being is vs goes through ecu etc...vn setup much simpler/easier.

Trans wire pink/blue trace(????)...dug mine out out of harness back of head/trans section although it was probably in long harness plug.
Man I've got same issue I just put a 88 vn calais 5L running gear in my 90 LE V6 and the dash plug near ecu has me completely stumped. There's 2 from dash n 3 from loom including aldl so I've hooked up bigger dash plug but am struggling with thile smaller one