Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with Steering wheel control wiring for a VZ

308walky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Clubsport
Hi all, Sorry as i am sure this has been answered 1000 times, but, i have a VZ Berlina, i have installed a Kenwood DDX6033BT, I need help with Steering wheel control wiring.The shop I bought it from said they cant tell me what the colour code is, but if I pay $$$$ they can tell me and then wire it up, but cant tell me otherwise.I have read heaps of posts with no success.
It has 3 wires coming from the plug that goes directly into the Kenwood unit , one states ST Remote Ground, the other 2 are input 1 & input 2.
I wired the ST Remote ground to REM GND , and input 1 to Steering REM, and nothing worked, it recognized nothing. (using the attached wiring diagram)
any help would be great
Thanks

Attachments

• IMGP1203sml.JPG
    IMGP1203sml.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 9,928

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
steering remote is brown from memory, and remote ground is black/yellow, if you follow that diagram, its hard to get them wrong.

have you programmed the kenwood unit for the steering wheel controls yet?

you need to go into the settings and go through the programming of the buttons before the unit knows whats what.

308walky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Clubsport
Thanks Hakhawk, tried that, it did not work, at least I appear to be on the right track, any other ideas??:unsure:

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
check out aerpro I think it is and you should be able to purchase a steering wheel adapter harness and should work straightaway,the shop sounds like they are trying to get more dosh out of you-imo