Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with sub + amp

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
mate unless you have an after market stereo or your stock headunit has been modded by Phreddy (ASR AUDIO) you wont be able to have a sub. stock headunit does not have an RCA output.
and also dont waste your money on Encounter Fusion stuff....it is the cheapest stuff they sell and quality is very poor. Reactor is mid range and Powerplant is top of the line stuff. may not be the absolute best on the market but Fusion is definitely the best "bang for buck" brand

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
yer i got that one in my vr goes all right wasn't that hard to hook up. comes with low and high output witch is handy and for the sound of it is not that good i have had mine for 5 months and it and the amp is on its way out. but time for an upgrade for me looking at 4 12" for my boot and i will not be going fusion

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
That amp has high level inputs, so you can use the signal from your rear speaker wire, then set the LPF on the amp accordingly.

As far as how it is going to sound, it's a rather small sub setup for a car as large as a Commodore. If that's it, as far as your budget will allow, then for the money it is going to be comparible to basically anything offered by the rest of the mainstream suppliers.

If it wasn't for your lack of knowledge, i'd be looking towards getting something from the used market, and fabricating your own enclosure.

wicksy

Reaction score
Members Ride
01' Vx Comm
mate unless you have an after market stereo or your stock headunit has been modded by Phreddy (ASR AUDIO) you wont be able to have a sub. stock headunit does not have an RCA output.
and also dont waste your money on Encounter Fusion stuff....it is the cheapest stuff they sell and quality is very poor. Reactor is mid range and Powerplant is top of the line stuff. may not be the absolute best on the market but Fusion is definitely the best "bang for buck" brand

You dont need RCA output.. you can buy a small converter that converts your rear speakers or front speakers into an RCA plugs.. which works perfectly..

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
you dont need rca output.. You can buy a small converter that converts your rear speakers or front speakers into an rca plugs.. Which works perfectly..

the amp has high level speaker line inputs

GERNZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy II exec
cheers for the help

i'm gonna put it off until i get some more cash and probly get head unit + a better sub