Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with the speed alert

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Hi i got holden to enable police mode (Digital speedo) in my vt calais'problem now is the overspeed alert goes off at 70km and then goes off again when it goes under 70km this is driving me crazy how can i turn it off? or al tleast increase the speed to 120km so it won't go off i have tried the mode buttons but they no longer work for the speed alert
HELP Cuckoo

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Try and stay with me while i explain this, may be wrong though...

When new things are installed, etc, the negetive terminal of the battery needs to be disconnected. From experience, when i've reconnected the battery the alerts go back to default (default being the lowest speed alert {number 1: 70km}) So it sounds like its just back to the default, although everyone will say 'oh mate, ur mode button is obviously broken', although i would point the finger back at Holden, maybe a wire they missed of something they something they need to manually program.....or maybe they need to just disconnect the alert button so it never goes off.

Thinking about this more, i would have thought the digital speedo wouldnt have a speed alert being designed for police vehicles. i mean, they're constantly chasing me down the freeway (joke), wouldnt it piss them off too as they would usually go more than 110km when on pursuit....

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
could be wrong but I do have a faint memory of reading that when you enable 'police mode' you lose the speed alert function so maybe this is what you had happen ? Although sounds like its still there but you cant set it

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
could be wrong but I do have a faint memory of reading that when you enable 'police mode' you lose the speed alert function so maybe this is what you had happen ? Although sounds like its still there but you cant set it

I seem to recall that as well.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
is there anybody that works at Holden here that could help me out
Cuckoo

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
i thought the default was 150km/h for the speed alert, thats what mines always reset itself to.
i dare say if you cant access it thru the mode settings, you'll have to visit holden again and get them to fix it

achimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 ss
I have ex-police car and the speed alert was disabled.
I jjust replaced it with a 3 cluster and got it set up as normal.
Now I can press the mode and down button when I turn on the ignition and
use the digital speedo and tacho at the same time. I just don't know why you need it on all the time ?
I rather have all the other information and options.
Anyway ,take it back to holden .
achimw

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
You loose speed alert when police mode is enabled,mine was set at 120 before it was enabled.Go back to holden and they will correct your problem.