Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP with Transmission Temperature PID 2009 Calais V 3.6 5 speed

CrustyDragonSlayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportswagon MY9.5
Hi;

I have been playing around with Torque and Dash Command trying to find the transmission temperature on my VE listed in the title. I also purchased the extra GM pack for 2009 vehicles also for dash Command.

I'm using an OBDLink MX + Bluetooth adapter which can use the GM SWCAN.

I have tried the four different mode 22 PIDS for GMs Header 7E2 or auto for 221940, PID 221949 and another I can't remember.

None of which provide the transmission temperature. The vehicle has trans temp in engineering mode and has a sensor in the gearbox.

Is it just not available for my vehicle or is there another way or command that I can used to make a custom gauge PID?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks Dan

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
I'm the same. I use CarScanner, but the same PID' s you've mentioned, and nothing.
But on a scan tool, I can see the ATT, so it's there, just can't be read for some reason.

CrustyDragonSlayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportswagon MY9.5
I'm the same. I use CarScanner, but the same PID' s you've mentioned, and nothing.
But on a scan tool, I can see the ATT, so it's there, just can't be read for some reason.

Frustrating. The more I look into it's looking line they don't use the OBD mode 22 PIDs for that and that they use their own propriety code to send that information.

I think to do it involves scanning the canbus and finding the information that way. I figured out how to connect to the OBD port using the telnet server on Torqueand I think I've figured out the commands and how to scan the canbus for the transmission control module signals and see if I can find the mode and pid that way.

If I find it I might be able to use it to create a custom PID, fingers crossed. If I do I'll post how to set it up.