Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with VE Calais Wheel Alignment issue

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Shane cant hear you with his tin foil hat on.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
there is a problem you are masking you will notice in a year or so it may change after certain routine work

it will start pulling right i bet you just wait till the day comes and remember what i said then post back in this thread

Talking in riddles:rofl2:

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
what about tyre 'pull'?
What brand of tyres are on ?
How worn are they?
We used to fix many cars pulling (left or right) by swapping tyres left to right or back to front
I think it was called radial force variation that caused it in the tyre quality,not some minor difference in caster or camber angles in front end geometry

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Swapping left to right isnt possible if they are directional and isnt recommended if they arent generally.

Edit Im still half asleep and wasnt considering removing the tyres from the rims so they rotated the same direction on the other side.

sigh

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I took my car into Holden's for a warranty claim and a wheel alignment check and noticed it felt weird and wandery. It turns out that the morons had completely different inflation rates across all four tires starting from 29psi to 38psi. I pumped all four up to 39psi and it feels much better now.

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
The tyres are new & are the third set we have tried since November. Rotating them did nothing. pressures set to 40psi all round. I have just come back from a 300km round trip this weekend & the transformation is complete. What a pleasure to drive now.

sfor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
had the same problem on the left side when i got 19' rims and ssl for suspension.... caster kit did the trick

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
it's normal all/most cars pull to left it has to do with road camber and those print out are bullshit mines says i had a rear TOE adjustment on my series 1 VX :rofl2:

find a nice flat road and it will steer straight

holden cars will never change no matter what, cheaply built cars and albeit over priced for an oz market

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Yes, cheaply built cars that cost 1 Billion to engineer. I think they put 500K into the design and 100K into the quality department, the rest, well someone got rich real quick.