Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with VE mods

CalaisRider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6 litre
I'm a new boy on the block and have no experience with modifying cars. I have a VE Calais with 6 litre and 20 inch wheels.

Has anyone had eperience modifying the VE 6 litre. I have asked around various places in Brisbane and seems some conflicting info on what can be done with the new technology at this point in time? Some are under development. Would I be better off waiting till next year when things are better tried aqnd tested??

I am considering full exhaust, edit, cold box and most important to me diff ratio change. Then a bigger set of brakes at stock looks terrible with 20s.

Any other suggestions to get more bang out of it without going forced induction.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Contact Sureflow Exhaust in NSW mate. They have finished there twin 3" system for the VE, and I can tell you it sounds great. From memory they ship there exhausts so you can then just get it fitted up there.
Theres a movie of it on there site.
AirStrike :air:

CalaisRider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6 litre
Contact Sureflow Exhaust in NSW mate. They have finished there twin 3" system for the VE, and I can tell you it sounds great. From memory they ship there exhausts so you can then just get it fitted up there.
Theres a movie of it on there site.
AirStrike :air:
Thanks Airstrike, 3 inch is getting out there. Is this a cat back, or tuned extractors and full system?

I have fallen in love with the look of the Harrop "Hurricane" Induction with 8 butterfly manifold (awsome) and their "Ultimate" brake system but I anticipate them saying it is not compatible with the VE.