Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with VK Calais rear window switch

Vkdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais
Just purchased these switches to replace in the rear & not sure as to how to wire them can anybody please help?

Attachments

• 9ADC00D1-DAC9-4342-B42A-7AD9D917A8F0.jpeg
    9ADC00D1-DAC9-4342-B42A-7AD9D917A8F0.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 136

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Just purchased these switches to replace in the rear & not sure as to how to wire them can anybody please help?
Copy the wiring from the old switches, old ones will have the same pins/different position.
Get the wiring diagrams and it will show the wire colours in loom if not sure,

VLmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 333
Good Question! If you have a look at the recent VL Section I am asking the exact same question.
Vin999 - it is not that straight forward. Refer to my post and you will understand the issue (however, no one has actually replied....hm...). I think the only way this can be worked out (other than paying $$ for an Auto Elec) is for someone out there to who has mastered this to describe exactly which of the five wires connect to which terminal on the switch. It must be possible, surely, these people selling these aftermarket switch units wouldn't sell any, would they??

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
@VLmate Probably no one has had to do the switch so to speak, or worry about rear glass working, main glass to worry about is the drivers window, even mine failed and before I fixed the issue, I rerouted my console wiring to work on the rear drivers side front console switch part for a while.

VK/VL Wire colour code
RH/LH, violet AND violet/white wires ...........@@ console master switch L/R
RH/LH, light green AND dark green wires @@ console master switch L/R
Yellow wire @@ door motor
Blue wire......@@ door motor
Pink wire.......@@ child master/lock 12V+

My sle took many many farking hours and a head truck to fix/restore original console toggle copper switches and all connections on doors/glass working properly and reading up on colour/loom wires/diagrams and taking apart the console master switch which is different to just changing switches

Take photos and write down colour/wire/positions in changing switches before you start and use other side door as standard reference if lost/stuck.

Connect your factory 5 pin loom onto the new 6 pin switch in relation to console master switches..... Im guessing that aftermarket switch came/made for another car, maybe a universal fit and hence the extra pin might not be needed for commodores if you can work out colour wire to right pin configuration ????