Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with vl turbo conversion parts.

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
so i will be doing a turbo conversion in the next month and i want to make sure i got absolutely everything before i start pulling stuff off of the car. so feel free to put some input in it would be much appreciated. before i will start i might add that i will not be doing anything to the fuel system untill i got the car running.

Parts that i already have. (ill post pics at the bottom)

.gt35 turbo with vband connection (it looks to be a ebay turbo?)
.turbo low mount manifold with custom wastegate fitting ontop.
.38mm 11psi wastegate looks to be a tial knock off.
.2.5'' dump pipe.
.600x300x76mm intercooler.
.hot side of intercooler piping (still need cold side)
.water feed and oil feed lines also got one more line that i think is water return?
.manual boost controller that im not going to use for now.

List of parts i need. if u know where i can get somthing cheaper or if i have forgotten somthing please say. thanks

.wastegate gasket-TOG 35mm 38mm External Wastegate Flange Gasket 2 Bolt Suit Turbosmart Tial | eBay
.2 1/2'' exhaust gasket x2 Exhaust Gasket 2 5" 2 Bolt Holden Commodore 63 5mm | eBay
.manifold to turbo gasket x2 T3 Turbo Flange Gasket Stainless Steel | eBay
.manifold gasket Holden Commodore VL 6CYL 3 0LT RB30 Exhaust Manifold Extractor Gasket | eBay
.7 psi spring (because im going to be using n/a injectors for a bit)Tial Wastegate Spring Small Green 38mm 40mm 41mm F38 F40 F41 0 5BAR 7 3PSI | eBay
.boost gauge Turbosmart 52mm Mechanical Boost Gauge 0 30PSI Black Face Silver Bezel | eBay
.cool side of intercooler 2 5
.brass t-piece for water return to heater hose.
.oil return bung carnt seem to find it anywhere found a part number but still carnt find anything on here. anyone?
.this doodad for aac valve. (untill i get custom piping made up ill also make it fit the 2'' TB) TOG 2 5 Inch 63mm Silicone Hose Straight Joint Coupler Blue T Hose BOV T Piece | eBay
.catch can ill try not to forget to block the pcv valve after taking off hose OIL Catch CAN Breather Tank Overflow Bottle Polished Chrome | eBay
.replacing fan on the front of radiator with a slim one for clearance controlled by on/off switch 9" 12V Slim Radiator Cooling Thermo FAN Mounting KIT | eBay
.assorted clamps.
.some hose for oil return......im sure im forgetting something.

Last edited:

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
DSCF0351.JPG
DSCF0343.JPG
DSCF0360.JPG
DSCF0357.jpg
DSCF0353.JPG
DSCF0378.jpg

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
im 95% sure that thats oil feed just confused on why both water lines have banjo bolts i read that water returns to a heater hose on cool side of engine? dont see why it needs a banjo bolt must be missing somthing can someone explain.

this conversion will be done with a full service.

if all goes well future mods will bee.
.wastegate pipe will be plumbed into dump pipe
.custom made intercooler piping
.turbo ecu and injectors
.surge tank with 044 pump
.turbo box if one pops up at a decent price if not r33 box it is
.again turbo diff if price is good or a vn-vs rear end still looking into it really
.winding up boost to 12-14
think im getting carried away hahahaha sorry for dragging it on.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Looks to be alright. Just get a brass barb fitting for
Oil return to block. U can pull the bung in the block with a half inch ratchet

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Looks to be alright. Just get a brass barb fitting for
Oil return to block.
U can pull the bung in the block with a half inch ratchet

That's the thing! I couldn't think of what it was called again lol.

That's what I got, UnNamed, for mine. Got it off of eBay, wasn't expensive at all but you will need it. Had to get mine off of a marine parts seller on eBay, not a regular car parts seller

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Got mine from pirtek $8 just take your bung in and get them to match the thread size and pitch. Make sure your oil return is a decent size hose diameter as its only gravity return. If its too small u can pressurise the turbo core and blow oil seals

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
also it seems that my wastgate intake port does not seal i read that it can be normal for a little bit of air to come out. but with mine it hisses out doesnt seem like it could hold any air at all i unscrewed the fitting and looked inside it looks like the thread goes right in and hits the diaphram. would it be a stupid idea to cut acouple of mm off the thread?

un named

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL
and with the water return can i just get a brass barb to fit on the turbo and t off the heater hose ditch one of the braided hose replacing it with just a normal black hose? because im confused with those two water lines