Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with vl venetians

singha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I bought a set of venetians and they are missing the top mounting rods, the bottom ones just have 3 pieces of bent steel which I think goes into the rubber, however I'm unsure of how the top ones mount into place, is it the same concept as the bottom?

Please help me in as much detail as possible and if you could please provide pictures, at the moment the top of mind has three square gaps for the rods to go into.

These are the heavy metal venetians also.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
The rods do go into the rubber, between the glass and the rubber. Do the rods have a series of notches to help develop a jacking effect to at installation?

In the morning I'll have a look and see what my setup is like. I bought a new reproduction venetian for the back window.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The original Commodore venetians had almost the same mounts at the top as they do at the bottom but, they were a slide in/out setup and a small screw did up against them to hold them in place, which meant you fitted the bottom first then the best way I found was a set of needle nose pliers and gently lever the slider into the rubber, and while holding the slider in that position, do the screw up firm.