Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with VS UNinstallation of Viper alarm

JaxVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Hi Guys, just got a concern with the local auto elec trying to take me for a ride. I have had issues with a Viper Alarm in my VS S and no it was already in there when I bought the car! The Viper model on the back of the remote is dei471. So I have had it uninstalled on thurs its now mon. When i picked up the car after job was done i noticed a hissing sound coming out of my dash/console vents and to further shock I had and still have no heating/cooling and a constant heat blowing out onto drivers side left leg. I called this knob jockey on friday morning he mentioned that the vaccum hose may have come off and took it down there for him to tell me that my heating control something something needed replacing & he said that the bloke who took out alarm didnt touch anywhere near that part of the dash/console and he didnt know how much the part was but insisted on telling me he charges 88 an hour. Now today being monday my speakers drop on a low volume and on a bump in the road it goes loud obviously coz the volumes down I turn up them bam bass is in overdrive! I have my stereo up a bit louder hence the hissing noise at the moment. Now it seems very ironic that this has happened in the past 4 days. Does this alarm have any wiring behind the radio and if so is it possible they have knocked off the hose and wires from cd player through pulling out viper alarm? I am a chick so im guessing they are trying to see 'easy money' I know a bit of my shyte with cars, hey i even went to SEMA last year for my honeymoon!! you can directly email me at yojaxyoatmedotcom.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Sounds like dodgy RCA leads with the volume and vacuum issues with the heater.
I feel sorry for the electrician - just because he came to a conclusion and told you that it's going to cost you $88 an hour doesn't mean he's dodgy and taking you for a ride. I have to deal with this almost every day at work.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
the hissing is most likely the rubber connector that goes onto the back of the thermo control box being off. does the hissing change at all when you try to change the direction of airflow? also check the valve that controls the tap for the heater hose. its on the drivers side of the centre console down near your feet. look towards the front of the footwell. youll see a black box that has a white almost teardrop shape piece of plastic on a lever. there should be a metal rod coming out of it going towards your thermo controls. and underneith that will be a little black tube like thing that has a button on one end and 2 black hoses coming out of it. check the hoses are connected and that the plastic bit pushes the pin in when you put it on cold. as for the sound sys, im not sure. could be rca like said above. could also be that theres been a wire that was accidentally cut during the removal process. not sure. and for anyone out there lookin for a fight, this is just my opinion. and im entitled to it.(sorry Jaxvs. been havin problems with some ppl) lol

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You sir, Are an asshole... Fix your own ****!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
You sir, Are an asshole... Fix your own ****!

*maam

it really depends how the alarm was installed. working on a car with existing wiring is always a pain, and you have to be real careful not to interfere with the dodgy **** thats already there.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
i spose they could have run some wiring over to the ecu harness for the relay. just depends if they knew which wire was which when they were installing it.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
i spose they could have run some wiring over to the ecu harness for the relay. just depends if they knew which wire was which when they were installing it.

In this case it has been uninstalled.

If the problems were not there before it was removed then I say they would be reasonable for the problems.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea but wat i ment was that while removing it they may have cut the wrong wire by accident to get it thru under the stereo. she asked if any wiring could have been behind there. lol. that was my opinion.

JaxVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Ok guys, thanks for your advice I took it all on to find that the actual heater control unit has **** itself after my mechanic took it apart. Should have known better as I'm just a mechanics asshole at the end of the day! I have called around a few places apparently they are hard to get but have found another one for now. Thanks for all your replies once again!