Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help With VT

Niper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 5.7 A4
Hello I have a VT 5.7 A4 and i opened my bonnet and i found i cut line at the back of the engine as you can see in the pictures below but I couldn't figrue out what it was so can someone please tell my what it is ? and sould i fix it? and is it important for the engine?

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
any more info? is it a bypass hose ? is /was coolant been thru it , does your heater work , follow the 2 ends and tell us or post a pic on where they end up , sorry cant help atm

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It is the PCV hose and is important. Is you car idling high and is the engine warning light on? A new hose assembly will cost around $70 or you can buy a brass Y piece and the right size hose and just repair the broken part but it probably won't be long before other parts of the hose perish as well.

Niper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 5.7 A4
can you please tell me why it is important what does it do

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It allows the crank case fumes to be drawn into the intake manifold and exhausted through combustion. If the hose is broken, the fumes will escape causing pollution and it will also cause your engine to idle higher than it should.